Thanks for your interest in becoming a Tucson Comic-Con volunteer!
Volunteer applications for the 2017 show will be posted in a few months. Please check back!
Have questions about volunteering at Tucson Comic-Con? Here’s a guide:
All Tucson Comic-Con volunteers have to meet these requirements:
- You must be 16 years of age or older.
- You must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- You must be available for an interview and orientation session, if considered and selected.
- You must be available to work one shift each day of the show.
- You must provide your own transportation to and from the show.
DUTIES OF A VOLUNTEER
Tucson Comic-Con expects the following out of all of its volunteers:
- You are an ambassador to Tucson Comic-Con and you are expected to act appropriately, and to treat Tucson Comic-Con’s attendees, guests and exhibitors with courtesy and respect.
- You are expected to perform your assigned duties to the best of your ability. If you are unable to perform your duties as a volunteer, a supervisor may assign you to a different task that you’re better suited to.
- You are not permitted to perform any actions that would negatively affect the operations and/or public image of Tucson Comic-Con, including making statements to the public and/or press.
- You are expected to maintain confidentiality with any proprietary information that is shared with you by Tucson Comic-Con staff.
- You understand that placement in a specific department or event at Tucson Comic-Con is not guaranteed and positions are filled based on demand.
Volunteer shifts are generally 4-5 hours in length. Volunteers may participate in any Tucson Comic-Con activity before and after their assigned shift, but not during.
VOLUNTEER DRESS CODE
Volunteers are all required to adhere to the following dress code:
- You may dress casually, but you must wear your Tucson Comic-Con Staff badge at all times during your shift. No ripped jeans, short shorts, short skirts, offensive t-shirts or revealing articles of clothing may be worn.
- Proper personal hygiene is required. Please be courteous to your co-volunteers and Tucson Comic-Con’s attendees by not using excessive amounts of perfume or cologne.
- You may wear a costume during your shift, as long as it does not interfere with your ability to perform your assigned duties.
IMPORTANT ADVISORY TO ALL PROSPECIVE TCC VOLUNTEERS
As a volunteer of Tucson Comic-Con, you understand that no monetary compensation will be provided. Tucson Comic-Con reserves the right to terminate any volunteer that fails to adhere to the guidelines listed above, or fails to satisfactorily complete his/her assigned duties.