CONVENTION POLICIES & CODE OF CONDUCT
Tucson Comic-Con has policies in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all attendees, exhibitors, guests and volunteers.
ATTENDEE FEES & BADGES
- An attendee or exhibitor badge must be worn at times while attending Tucson Comic-Con. Attendees not wearing badges will not be allowed in convention areas. Each attendee or exhibitor badge admits one person to Tucson Comic-Con.
- Once purchased, Tucson Comic-Con attendee badges are non-refundable.
- Tucson Comic-Con attendee and exhibitor badges are non-transferrable.
- Tucson Comic-Con will not replace lost badges. In the event of a lost badge, a new one must be purchased at standard price in order to regain entry.
- It is unlawful to duplicate or alter a Tucson Comic-Con badge. Duplicated or altered badges will be confiscated and the offending parties will be ejected from the event.
CHILDREN & CURFEW
All children aged 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or older at all times while on the premises of Tucson Comic-Con.
Pursuant to the City of Tucson’s curfew law, all unsupervised children under the age of 16 are not permitted to be away from home between the hours of 10:00PM and 5:00AM. For children between the ages of 16 and 17, curfew hours are between midnight and 5:00AM. Tucson city ordinance places responsibility on parents and guardians to supervise their children and assume custody of them in the event that their children violate curfew.
Tucson Comic-Con and the Tucson Convention Center, nor any of their agents will not be held responsible or liable for lost belongings. A Lost and Found will be located at the Information Desk at the Tucson Convention Center.
FOOD & DRINK
Food and drink may be brought into Tucson Comic-Con for personal consumption only. No food or drink may be brought on TCC’s premises with the intent of resale.
Because Tucson Convention Center carries a liquor license, Arizona state law prohibits the possession of firearms by anyone on its premises, outside of law enforcement personnel. This restriction includes both concealed and non-concealed firearms, permit or no permit.
Animals are not permitted at Tucson Comic-Con, with the exception of trained service animals with proper identification on leashes or harnesses.
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO RECORDING
When taking photographs or video recordings at Tucson Comic-Con, please observe surrounding traffic and avoid blocking hallways and pathways for extended periods. Please be considerate and ask before taking pictures of attendees, guests, exhibitors, exhibit spaces and volunteers.
DISTRIBUTION OF FLYERS AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
Distribution of flyers or other promotional materials without prior approval of Tucson Comic-Con is not permitted. Unapproved flyers and other promotional materials found on the convention premises will be discarded without notice by Tucson Comic-Con staff.
The posting of and display of signage by attendees, exhibitors or guests anywhere in the convention area without prior approval of Tucson Comic-Con is not permitted. Offending signs will be taken down and confiscated by Tucson Comic-Con staff without warning. Signs that are integral parts of costumes may be permitted with approval of Tucson Comic-Con staff.
Attendees, exhibitors and guests found in violation of this rule may be subject to badge revocation and ejection from the event, at Tucson Comic-Con’s discretion.
The following will not be tolerated at Tucson Comic-Con and may result in removal from the convention without a refund:
- Harassment, intimidation, offensive behavior or offensive comments
- Any behavior putting patron safety at risk
- Possession of illegal substances (drugs)
- Drug or alcohol intoxication
- Running, dancing or rough housing
- Physical assault and/or battery
- Non-consensual photography or video recording
- Disruption of panels, signings, workshops, exhibitions or any other Tucson Comic-Con events
- Camping or sleeping anywhere on the convention premises
- Verbal or physical abuse of attendees, guests, exhibitors, or costumed guests (cosplayers)
- Inappropriate physical contact or unwelcome physical attention (see also: Cosplay is Not Consent!)
Tucson Comic-Con reserves the right to revoke, without refund, the membership and badge of any attendee found not in compliance with its policies. Attendees are expected to exercise common sense in public behavior, interpersonal interaction and have respect for private property.